Thursday, March 5, 2009

Brother #2

I have been a slacker! I must beg for your forgiveness.

Brother #2....Dustin





I don't even know where to start with this one. When Dustin was little, he was quite a (pause) uh, I can't even think of a good descriptive adjective. Helien maybe. He had a extreme amount of energy and didn't really know how channel it. He created a lot of havoc for my mom. He annoyed my older brother to no end. I tried to tolerate him, but occasionally, even I couldn't stand him. Sidenote: To those reading this...Dustin is aware of this time of his life so I'm not hurting his feelings by stating this. Continuing on... When Dustin turned probably 14, I decided he wasn't so bad after all and we started getting along really well. I started thinking of him as a friend, not just a brother.

After 9/11, Dustin decided he wanted to join the military. He chose the army. He served 2 tours of duty in Iraq which was scary times for our family. We were so proud of him and his choice to serve our country! When he was released from the military, he came back here and started school @ ISU. He bought a house. He is currently running for ISU Idaho Falls Vice President. We took a Marketing night class together last semester which was a blast! WE ARE SMART! :)

I am so proud of my little bro. He is opinionated and stubborn, but he gets things done. Dustin is loyal and caring. He is a natural leader and a clever wit! I am so thankful to have him in my life and in my children's lives. "Uncle Dustin is always fun!"

1 comment:

idasale said...

I think Stubborn is an understatement!!!! Crazy to think we met almost 15 years ago! Oh and we all understand the length between posts life gets crazy