Friday, March 13, 2009

Today's Lesson



I had to take my girls to school this morning because we had to do some quick hairwashing and they missed the bus. This alone was frustrating for my 8 year old cuz she likes routine and loves to ride the bus. DRAMA, and more drama. I was fairly proud of myself and I stayed calm...

Anyhoo....As I dropped them off, I watched my Kindergartener run one way as the 2nd grader ran the other. I had one of those moments where everything seems to be in slow mo and the thoughts in your head get loud. Don't laugh, I know everyone knows what I'm talking about.

The thoughts in my head were something like this...(Warning, proceed with caution: This is an insight to how my mind functions and how I go from thought to thought.)

Kids run everywhere. They are always excited to get places. Why don't I run? Why don't adults run? I don't see people running from their car to get into work every day. I should run. I need to exercise. I need to lose some weight. ...pause...Wouldn't it be funny if I started running everywhere. Running into the grocery store. Running through the produce section...Apples..Bananas...hurry, the broccoli... Kids are great and I can learn so much from them. I am going to have a good day and be excited about the things I have to do and the places I have to go!

I know...SCARY. But the point is, Show some excitement today! Kids are always excited about the little things and we should be too. So run to the mailbox today. Sure there is probably nasty bills in there, but getting mail delivered is neat!

1 comment:

Payte and Sherie said...

Thanks for the sweet thoughts! I think I might try that!