Friday, January 30, 2009

On my death bed...

I'll have you know that I have a good excuse for not writing Wed or Thurs. S-T-R-E-P T-H-R-O-A-T !!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't had strep in years (and yes, I do realized that by saying that, it automatically makes me old). So here's what I have to say about it, and I'm sorry if there are children reading this but it SUCKS! Monday night I started feeling kind of "off." Tuesday morning my throat started to hurt and I started to get tired pretty easily. Tuesday night was filled with tossing and turning because I was freezing under 4 blankets and then hot. Hello, Fever. Wednesday morning, my glands were so swollen I could see them in the mirror. It hurt to talk and I was having difficulty swallowing. I also didn't want to get out of bed. Not so easy for those of us that have small children at home, but I somehow managed. My children seemed to sense that I was on my death bed and acted (for the most part) like angels. Wednesday night wasn't quite as hellish as Tues but still sleep was not exactly fitful. Thursday morning I got up hoping to make it thru the day when my husband volunteered to take the day off so I could go to the doctor and get some sleep. I know, he Rocks! I did go to the dr. Imagine my surprise (note: sarcasm) when she told me my strep test was positive. Antibiotics followed shortly, and now I type before you with only minimal swollen-ness and minor sore throat. Energy level is close to back to normal...but not enough to go to the gym (convenient :) )

My husband also pampered me by making the BEST smoothies ever! My fav is the berry lime sublime from Jamba so he attempted (and surpassed, I might add) to copy these flavors. AWESOME! I swear it aided in my recovery! So sweet. And no, you cannot borrow him the next time you get sick...He looks way too hot in scrubs.

So to those of you who watched my Blog for the daily post (all 1 of you...thanks mom), my apologies. My death bed doesn't have a laptop with wireless internet.

To any readers who are experiencing the dreaded strep throat, my deepest sympathies and empathies (I never remember which is better.)

3 comments:

Sharee said...

Oh! I can sympathize with you. I had strep not too long ago. It is the most painful thing ever! Glad you have a great husband to help take care of you and that you are doing better!

idasale said...

Your mom is not the only one looking for a daily post!!! I promise. I can totally sympathize though hope you are feeling better

Becky G said...

I'm so sorry - I haven't figured out which is worse - taking care of sick kids or taking care of yourself when your sick AND kids...Good job Jason!!!!