Thursday, April 30, 2009

Evan, Brother #3



I completely spaced my third brother post. Thank goodness my brothers don't read my blog or else I'd have heard about it by now.

Evan...is my youngest brother. He is 8 years younger. When he was born, I was staying at my Grandma Mortimer's. My parents called me and told me I had another little brother. Boy, was I upset. Three brothers was a lot! I just wanted a baby sister. A couple of days later, we were able to go to the hospital. I soon changed my tune. He was the cutest baby. He weighed 11 lbs and had a mess of dark, dark hair. I loved him from the moment I laid eyes on him. From then on, I became somewhat of a second mother. I used to tote him around on my hip (no easy feat, since he was a big kid, and I was only 8.) I think I still feel like Evan's second mom.

I can't imagine what my family would be like without Evan. He loves to get us all riled up, especially my Mom, but he LOVES with his whole self. A few years back, he was being a typical teenager and doing something stupid. This act involved fireworks. He ended up in the hospital with a split-apart right hand. Very SCARY! He pulled through the whole experience like a trooper. He is a better man because of it!

Evan is our family job guy. I say that because he's had a lot of jobs. He has worked for my Dad in construction, worked for a couple of pest control companies, worked for a hotel, worked for a gas company in Vernal, and now for a politician. He is currently attending BSU and getting pretty good grades I might add. He's very intelligent, articulate, and hard-working when he wants to be. :) I love him to death!!!

No comments: